HALF WAY Ks Blog
After downloading our results, students got to work on analysing and graphing the results.
Take a look at some of our pie charts and findings.
We had 48 participants in this year's event.
Room 17 would like to thank the range of people that took time to participate in this year's half way Ks. People from all ages ran, walked, scooted, swam and even surfed their way to a kilometre and entered their data ready for Room 17 to devour.
It was fantastic to see so many results added to our google form. We are so lucky to have so much support.
From now until Sunday 27th June, you can complete your Kilometres and input them into the form!
Click below to access the form...
After the Half Way Ks Event, students will look at data to create pie graphs. In order to collect this data, we need questions for our participants. In class we each decided on our favourite questions, they are listed below.
From this list we need 8:
1. How often are you active per week 1-7 days?
2. How did you complete the Half Way Ks Event?
3. How did you feel after completing? Tired, Happy, Sad
4. How did you find out about the event?
5. How many kilomtres did you do?
6. Which suburb or place did you run?
7. Which device are you filling in this form with? Phone, Tablet, Computer, Mac, Other
8. Did you enjoy it?
9. How many people in your family?
10. What is the first letter of your name?
11. What is your gender? Male, Female, Another
12. How often do you Youtube?
13. What is your age?
14. What year are you in?
15. What day did you do the Ks?
We also had lots of do you like questions...I think we can include only 2.
Do you like:
Yup to the Cup
Which is faster in your opinion? Scooter or Skateboard?
Do you have a pool?
Students in Room 17 have used their persuasive devices when creating an advert for the event.
Using the app Pic Collage, they were able to add relevant info and pictures to ensure people knew about the event. In the end we will choose only one to go around our school and online.
Last year, Sock It Up were our named sponsor, allowing the school to have a bucket load of socks to give away as prizes. We would love for them to come on board again BUT if they say no, the students have discussed some other options for our partners:
Gaming - EB Games
I have emailed all of these brands now to see what response we might get to entice others to participate!